This Week at Calvin
"Praise the Lord! Enter his gates with Thanksgiving, enter His courts with Praise. Let everything that hath breath Praise the Lord! Praise Ye the Lord!" (Psalm 100 and Psalm 150) Now that Govenor Reynolds has made some changes to the recommendation regarding Worship services; the Council of Calvin Christian Reformed has decided that Sunday Worship will resume this Sunday, May 3!
Worship will begin at 10:15 am. at 326 7th St SE, Le Mars.
First, some recommendations. If any of you have concerns about meeting as a group, please don't feel obligated to attend at this time. If you have underlying health conditions,, or are just not comfortable, the service will still be available on-line (youtube) or on CD as usual. We will miss you, but we want you to stay physically healthy as well!
This Sunday, the service will be recorded live and posted later in the day to youtube for viewing.
Here are our guidelines, PLEASE read them and do your best to adhere to these practices.
- Come to church a little later than usual, and proceed directly to the sanctuary.
- One row would have persons seated a the ends (aisle) the row in front should have persons seated in the middle of the row only. The next row would have persons seated at the ends (aisles). This will allow us to stagger seating and maintain the requested distancing.
- Seating is available in the choir loft as well.
- Please sit with members of your immediate household only.
- If you have a mask, feel free to wear it to church, and/or during the service, your choice!
- At the conclusion of the service, please delay your exit, and allow the people seated toward the rear of the sanctuary to exit the church. That way we won't "bunch up" in the narthex.
Needless to say, no coffee and cookies, fellowship should happen on your own by telephone or spacing aprt in the parking lot.
There will be no Sunday School for either adults or school aged students.
The nursery will not be open for anyone, care for children should continue to be provided by their immediate family.
To welcome the Holy Spirit into worship, Miriam Hector will play an arrangement of "Holy Ground" on the grand piano with CD orchestral accompaniment. Pastor Rev. Dr. Nevada DeLapp will continue his series of Eastertide sermons on one of the Psalms. This week he has chosen Psalm 148. The congregation will sing this praise worthy song together as a song of worship. Following God's greeting and the call to confession, we will all join our voices together singing "I Stand Amazed in the Presence of Jesus the Nazarene" and "This is My Father's World."
The Gospel reading this week is from John 10: 1 - 10. It will be preceded by the singing of "Thy Word is a Lamp Unto My Feet." The Psalm 148 will be read responsively with Pastor and congregation, which also serves as the text for Pastor's sermon. In response to the message, we will sing "Joy to the World".
Calvin's website is calvincrclemars.org. Sermons and news can be found on this website. We will attempt to run the service on the local cable channel on Sunday at 5:00. Pray that it works this week. We invite you to join us in worship of God: Father,, Son and Holy Spirit! If you need any assistance with purchases, picking up groceries, someone to talk to, we definitely want to help in way. Our church office's phone number is 546-4767 and Pastor's cell is 616-443-4164. He is available to talk on the phone or a private visit.